Women make up 40% of American hair loss sufferers1 and yet the issue continues to be thought of as a strictly male condition. Over the years, women have tried a range of strange approaches to make their hair thicker and fuller, from huge curlers, to blow drying their hair upside down, to use of harsh chemicals, to even using raw eggs or beer as shampoo.
With the goal of finding a solution to this ever-prominent but rarely talked about need, Atlantic Coast Media Group (ACMG), the parent company of luxury, anti-aging skincare brand, Hydroxatone, assigned two innovative and passion-driven women of science to the task. ACMG’s plan was to develop a revolutionary system designed exclusively for women’s unique hair needs to address hair rejuvenation and offer instant, one-week, and significant, long-term hair regrowth results.
Up for the challenge, Tammy Yaiser, Vice President of Product Development at ACMG and Mindy Goldstein, PhD, Vice President of R&D and former President of the National Society of Cosmetic Chemists, designed Keranique™, the Solution for Thicker, Fuller Hair for Women™.
Specially targeted to a woman’s biochemistry, Keranique’s innovative and breakthrough product line is designed not only to treat female hair thinning and hair loss, but to prevent the root cause of issues associated with the aging of hair and build back its beautiful richness, texture and fullness. Each product is enriched with a complex of keratin, amino acids and proteins to help strengthen and fortify thinning hair, along with vegetable-derived humectants that help to hydrate, nourish and stimulate micro-circulation around the hair follicles. The Keranique solution involves the following steps and products:
Step 1: Cleanse & Condition
• The Keranique Volumizing Shampoo gently deep cleans, stimulates/nourishes the scalp and follicles, and removes oil/build up that drags hair down. The shampoo is free of sulfates, parabens and synthetic fragrances. ($35)
• The Keranique Volumizing Conditioner coats the hair to make each strand thicker and protects fine hair with a unique cream-gel formula that doesn’t weigh it down. It is also formulated to help hydrate and stimulate micro-circulation around the hair follicle to help nourish the hair. The conditioner’s blend of technologies penetrates each hair shaft to help smooth cuticles, mend split ends and decrease hair breakage. ($35)
Step 2: Treat Thinning Hair
• The Keranique 8-Day Intensive Treatment is a major advancement in hair anti-aging, which contains the highest recommended concentration of a clinical strength, patented peptide to help strengthen and “anchor” the hair at the root. This highly concentrated, leave-in scalp therapy also helps reduce DHT on the scalp, stimulate skin proteins, and reduce scalp irritation to support thicker, healthier hair as it grows. ($60)
• The Keranique Follicle-Boosting Serum addresses thinning hair at the follicles using a peptide and stem cell technology. Apple stem cells target the hair follicle to protect, nourish and strengthen it for maximum hair growth. The serum is weightless and alcohol-free. ($30)
• The Keranique Hair Regrowth Treatment features 2% Minoxidil, the only FDA-approved treatment clinically-proven to help regrow hair. This treatment is for women with thinning hair looking for serious and long-term solutions. ($25)
Step 3: Style
• The Keranique Volumizing Lifting Spray targets the root area to add instant volume, bounce and shine, plus it protects each hair shaft against breakage and harmful heat damage caused by styling irons and blow dryers. The spray is weightless, alcohol-free, and works best with heat. ($20)
• The Keranique Fortifying Mousse makes hair smoother to touch, easier to brush, and spring back with a slight resistance to create body, fullness and volume. It is scientifically blended to maintain hair’s body without adding stiffness. ($20)
Keranique’s three-prong approach works to improve the appearance of hair’s texture, add visible volume and thickness to hair, and help nourish the scalp while dramatically increasing hair’s manageability and styling ease.
“Several studies have shown that the emotional and psychological effects of hair loss are more severe in women than in men, leading to poor self-esteem, social anxiety — even lower job performance,” shared Yaiser. “Hair thinning in women can be caused by a number of internal and external factors, everything from hormonal changes due to menopause or childbirth; to deficiency in certain vitamins or minerals; to stress, pollution, medications or over-styling. No matter what the cause, our Keranique solution is designed to offer everyday women a simple solution to a serious issue and a means to prevent it from happening in the future.”
In addition to the system, Keranique also offers new Daily Essentials, a dietary supplement scientifically blended to promote healthy-looking hair and strong nails. Loaded with vitamins, anti-oxidants,i Biotin and an extra dose of Beta-Carotene, Keranque’s Daily Essentials contain no sugar, no preservatives and no artificial coloring or flavors.
American Hair Loss Association, http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss
Product and photo information provided by Crier.